Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I LOVE My Pom Poms!!

It amazes me how God uses our dreams to show us things. Usually my dreams tell me something about myself or how I'm perceiving a situation. Over the last few weeks I've been having the strangest dreams. Dreams that when I interpret them I learn something about myself that I think I need to change. Only, later I learn that these dreams are preparing me for the future. They are showing me how I am to act in the coming days.

Here I am, thinking I need to step up my game because I'm being walked on. When, in reality, I am being shown what will happen so I'm not taken by surprise! Surprise is a bad thing for me because I hate change when it isn't a good one. I feel blindsided. Which inadvertantly sends me back into my old ways of reacting almost immediately and I respond out of "survival". I see these "surprises" happen in my dream and the thought process that I go through during that is what I am characterized of thinking in real life. Each response is different depending on if I'm blindsided or prepared. In each case it seems that I am frustrated (just like in real life) by what is happening at that moment. So I pray (yes, I pray in my dreams too). Questioning God, asking for understanding of what is taking place and how to act in a way that would be pleasing to Him. Later, (in real life) come find out that He was giving me the answer of how to be a witness through my dream.

Despite wanting to help, I was being instructed to stand back. (I'm filled butterflies thinking of this) Every time!! Because of my stubborness mentioned in previous posts, I have to really focus on my response so as not to come across defensively beligerant. Being beligerant is my "survival instinct" that kicks in when I feel like a rug. A handful of people (of which do not know each other) have told me throughout the years, "Tera, you are only a rug when you feel like one".
Do you thin
k God was trying to tell me something?!

I do. To prove it to me He has shown me verse after verse over the last year (especially over the last month) of what carrying my cross looks like, how Jesus responded to carrying His cross, what Satan looks and acts like when he's winning that battle, and Satans reaction when he's loosing the war (that there brought my laughter back, ha ha ha)! Then, to drive the point home, shows me what it looks like specifically for me through my dreams!!!

Because He prepared me, I have more strength to control myself. Its is much easier to watch on the sideline while The Quarterback (ye-es that would be ...God) controls the game. I have been taken out of my 2nd string position standing next to the sideline trying to inch my toe onto the field thinking the next play I make will be better.




Now................I have sparkly pom poms shaking wildly in my hands, flying ribbons in my ponytail, and glitter in my team's color on my uniform and face, screaming with excitement at each move that is made! Hearing the roar from our team's fans behind me shouting for more! The thunder of their feet on the stands to put fear and weakness in the other team. They are on our turf now!

No comments:

Post a Comment