Sunday, July 12, 2009

True Love

It amazes me every time I witness how far Love will go. When one feels truly excepted by those around, the difference it makes in that person's life. It's incredible! I get to see the bible come to life every time!



I'm not talking about a half shoulder hug, or a few good compliments, etc. I'm talking about an honest relationship with someone. A relationship that we, as christians, are called to be an example of. We are called to except people where they are currently in their life and embrace them. Get to know them. What do they like or dislike are a great starting point. But you need to to go further than that! Spend time with them. Doing what?! Invite them to dinner. Go camping, fishing, lay out in the sun, play games, help them in times of need (which may be as simple as letting them borrow your tools or helping them with maintenance), celebrate in times of excitement, take the kids to play a game of football in their front yard....What do they enjoy??? Then go do it! But don't fake your enjoyment!



Go over to their house if you're invited. So many times I've seen people afraid to do that because that means you will most likely be uncomfortable. Here's a news flash - So Will They!! lol So why not share in that feeling?! Ha! Or because they don't want to be that close to them, for fear of being "blemished" [That could be an appropriate feeling. My response to that - spend more time with God so to stand firm in Him. (Here my heart on this cuz I'm talking to myself, too.)]Or because they don't want to be involved in the drama of that person's life. Well I'm sorry but when someone doesn't know what True Love looks like or has only seen glimpses of it and therefore not living by true love.....there WILL be drama.



We are called to be the light of the world because the world is naturally a dark place. But what does that look like? Well....this! This is one example. One of many. Use your imagination. Don't have an imagination? Not to worry. God gave you a life story with Christ and by golly He's going to use it. So wouldn't you rather be proactive about letting Him use your experiences to help others rather than "if it happens it happens"?



People are people. Meaning we are all alike. Who cares if we don't have the same interests because we all have the same burning desire to be loved and wholly accepted as we are. Whether one is a gangster and the other is a princess; or one is gothic, the other is an outdoors adventurist; or how-abouts a cowboy and a skater; use your imagination. That's the way we were created. I can type this paragraph now with confidence!! I've always believed this. But 2 yrs ago I would not have been so bold to say it like this where ANYONE could read it because there was a piece of me (a very small piece mind you, like a decimal of a decimal of a percent, but still a piece - which lets be real in God's eyes it's still doubt) that wondered if this were still true in the most extreme cases. In my heart of hearts I did believe this to be true but now I know it to be true. God has blessed me so that I no longer have any doubt but now have facts of what have happened and I now know it to be true! I've have seen it with my own eyes.

Hear me cry out....."Love Heals!!"

3 comments:

  1. thats true. however anything but will not lift others up. it will only tear them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would be sinful for us to use this as an excuse to not act in love.

    ReplyDelete