Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Patience as We Grow

I have been confronted more and more lately with the different purposes God calls each individual to act on. Not just that, but how vastly different they are and how each purpose works together so perfectly for God's plan! Every time I think about it I'm just amazed and filled with butterflies at how He works!!

The interesting thing is how I notice it......out of judgement. I catch myself going back to my "old way" of thinking (or shall we say old way of judging others harshly!). I'll be thinking to myself how irked I am that someone is not acting the way I think they should. Then one of the verses of how we are not to judge others crosses my mind. One in particular from the book of James says that God is the only Judge so what right do we have to judge others. Can I as a human change that person? No. That is done through God. So I ponder, "What does God have in store for this person's imperfections?" "When will is His perfect timing for teaching this person about there imperfections?" "What's the purpose for His timing on this?" For I know all too well how He has used my
imperfections. I also know how He has used the strengths in my character for His purpose. So I think about the other persons strengths and just wonder how all of it will play out for them. Will they even notice? Or will they be just as amazed as I am?

"Don't let any evil talk come out of your mouths. Say only what will help to build others up and meet their needs. Then what you say will help those who listen ....Get rid of all hard feelings, anger and rage....Be kind and tender to one another. Forgive each other, just as God forgave you because of what Christ has done. You are the children that God dearly loves. So be just like him." Eph 4:29-5:1

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me. For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through patience and comfort of the Scriptures we might have hope.May the God who gives patience and comfort give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you
, in order to bring praise to God. Rom 15:1-7

So in short we need to be patient with each other as we grow. In God's perfect timing He will work on our weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment